Saturday 22 July 2017

A Week of Walks

This page has been fizzing around in my head for a couple of months now, and I finally got it down in paper due to a weekly alphabet challenge in the For the Love of Pretty Paper Facebook group. We're going through the alphabet in random order, and recently had J for Journey so I took the opportunity to record not one journey but six, the walks we did each day on holiday at Easter.


Silhouette Vacation Photo Frame
My page was inspired by a cut file from the Silhouette store, but I wanted to hand-stitch the circles on my page. 

I picked a photo of our holiday cottage for the centre circle and then one from each day radiating around it, choosing photos that had the best sense of movement (or journey!) through the landscape. I cropped them to circles and arranged them around the page until I was happy with their positions. Then I was able to mark out and stitch all the frames, always a lengthy task.




This page will be the first one from our holiday in the album, and act as an introduction to the week. There's a bit of journalling to summarise the week, plus I've captioned each photo with the day and location.

Supplies
Paper - Flair Designs, 7Gypsies
Letters - Pink Paislee, Basic Grey
Stickers - Paperchase, WHSmith
Pearls - Kanban Crafts
ink - Ranger

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Big Shot & Little B Arrow Die

No comments:

Post a Comment