Friday, 28 July 2017

Dunstanburgh Castle

Back in May, Sarah posted 'Five Sketches in Five Days' in the Lottie Loves Paper Facebook group. I did three before I ran out of month, and had actually printed the photo and chosen a paper collection for the fourth, but got diverted into making Scrap Whispers/Chinese Whispers pages in June.

More recently, our router died and my computer and printer wouldn't talk to each other without it; I had to go back to pre-printed photos, and I picked up this page again.

The photo is from our Easter holiday in Northumberland, when we walked along the coast late one afternoon to Dunstanburgh Castle, a ruin on a headland that's not accessible by road. Being a page about a castle, there are no people in the photo, so I'm linking with The Studio Challenges blog, where a recent challenge was to scrap a page with no people.




I stuck fairly closely to the sketch, just moving the title cluster down to the bottom to get some separation between the two pieces of arrow print paper.

Supplies
Cardstock - American Crafts
Paper - We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit
Letters - My Mind's Eye
Enamel Dots - Echo Park

Tools
Big Shot, Little B Arrow Dies & X-Cut Camera Die

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout for a gorgeous photo! Thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete