Tuesday 15 August 2017

Cruise Canada 2015 - The Album

It's been more than a year since I made the last page from our Canadian cruise and since then the pages have been sitting in an unlabelled album waiting for a final check and a title card.

My annual albums are a mish-mash of pages in different colours and styles and they sit happily side-by-side as they are. However, when I make a themed album with one kit of papers I like to let it sit for a while and then review it to make sure I'm happy with all the pages and the balance of embellishments from beginning to end.

Whales - Before
I never intended to let my Canadian album sit for as long as it did, but I've returned to it recently for that final review. There was just one page that I wasn't happy with; the 'whales' page was a bit bare at the top and needed more embellishment - clusters at the top of the 'discover' paper and to the left of the photos to make a triangle with the existing cluster (which I also added to).

I've kept hold of the remaining papers from the kit pending this exercise, so it was easy to pull them out and add a few more pieces.




One final task was the album cover; I'd chosen one with a window and needed to make a title piece with a design around four inches square. I worked on a larger piece of paper which would fill the pocket without moving about, and marked the part that would be visible through the window, before assembling a design around an anchor die-cut. 


This is it in place, and the album has now joined the others in the lounge rather than being stashed under my craft desk awaiting the finishing touches.



Supplies
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Die-Cut - KaiserCraft
Puffy Stickers - Jillibean Soup, Bella Boulevard
Washi Tape - Little B
Ink - Hobbycraft

Tools
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die

No comments:

Post a Comment