Sunday 13 August 2017

Story Time

Back in May, we had a 'Five Sketches in Five Days' challenge in the Lottie Loves Paper Facebook group. I did three before I ran out of month and returned to them as we approached the end of July. The last one was originally published by Shimelle Laine back in 2011, but some sketches are timeless. 

I made this page at a time when a broken router meant that my computer and printer wouldn't talk to each other so I had to pick an older printed photo to scrap. These are almost all 4x6 and I couldn't find a pair that I could crop to suit the sketch so I decided to go with a single photo. 



My paper layers follow those in the sketch, but I moved the stack of papers to the opposite side and moved the title to run up the side of them. The paper collection is intended for girls, but omitting most of the pink and floral papers gave a more neutral colour scheme. The cute die-cuts were a really good match for the orange and they remind of of old-fashioned illustrations in children's books.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Simple Stories So Fancy, Dovecraft Sugar & Spice
Die Cuts - Studio Calico Heyday
Washi Tape - Dovecraft, Little B
Word Stickers - Bazzill
Puffy Stickers - American Crafts
Enamel Dots - Eyelet Outlet
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot, X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die & Dovecraft Nesting Stars Dies
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment