Monday 18 September 2017

Last Chance Sunset

Our main family holiday this year was a cruise to Iceland, Greenland and Norway and I have all the supplies picked out for a new album. I'm working with a large kit of papers, making mostly traditional 12x12 pages, not in chronological order and using as many sketch challenges as I can fit to the photos, but beyond that I don't have much of a plan.

The first sketch that caught my attention came from Sketch-n-Scrap at the beginning of the month, and suited a couple of photos from our last night onboard. This was the only evening that we had a decent sunset, and I paired up a larger sunset picture with a smaller picture of my husband and me.

The oranges in my sunset looked terrible against the kraft cardstock that I'm using for all my backgrounds, so I adjusted the paper layers in the sketch to use a large panel of aqua map paper across the page behind the photos.



I'm not normally a fan of banners, but the Boarding Pass sticker sheet has one so this seemed like a good time to use it. Now I know it won't be left over at the end.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Paper Boarding Pass, Creative Imaginations
Vellum - Crate Paper Boys Rule
Letters - Fancy Pants, October Afternoon
Chipboard - Studio Calico Mistables
Washi Tape - Little B
Word Stickers - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Enamel Dots - Echo Park
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools

Big Shot, X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die & Spellbinders Circle Die


6 comments:

  1. What amazing pictures, love that sunset! This layout is perfect in every way! Sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the banner you used which is so perfect for a travel page. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Amanda! The papers, the pictures, the embellishments - all perfect together! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful take on the sketch! Those pictures look so relaxing and fun! I love the banner too! Thanks for playing along with our sketches at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous photos! The layout is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete