Thursday 14 September 2017

Snips & Snails

Time for one final throwback page, the last one that I made for National Scrapbooking Day back in May; I can't remember the challenge details, but it definitely included the use of circles. 

I chose a circle cut file for the background of my page, cutting it in a paper I liked and layering it over a plainer grid paper. Too late, I realised that I had the papers the wrong way round as I had too much of the background on show and very little of the patterned paper that had I wanted to see. I rescued the page by selecting some of the circles that had been cut away and placing them inside larger circles on the page.

I wanted the cut file to almost fill the 12x12 page, but I have Silhouette Portrait which has an 8" cutting width, so I designed my page with a full length column of photos so that I could remove the central part of the design and just cut the two sides of the file on the Portrait. 


My photos are old ones of my son and nephew, I picked an appropriate Project Life card to act as a title and added three clusters of embellishments to complete the page.

Supplies
Cardstick - Bazzill
Paper - Heidi Swapp, Cloud 9/Fiskars, My Mind's Eye
Puffy Stickers - American Crafts
Enamel Dots - Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye
Chipboard Stars - Studio Calico

Tools
Silhouette Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment