Thursday 12 October 2017

Wet & Wacky

I'm stepping away from the cruise photos for a brief interlude caused by the game of Scrap Whispers that's just finished over at UKScrappers. The game involves passing a page from one person to another in turn with each one scraplifting the person before them to produce a chain of related pages. 

The page that I received from Craftpopsy at the start of the second week was a lovely mixed media piece that I knew just wouldn't fit with the other cruise pages, so I had to switch to something else. I don't have very many single photos left, and nothing that I wanted to crop and scrap in this style, so I mulled it over for almost a week before I got going with this page. 

My daughter is an explorer scout and her leader recently posted some photos on Facebook from an outdoor games evening. They weren't great quality, and I might not ordinarily have scrapped them, but they were a good subject for the playful nature of that run of circles. I decided to use two of them and picked a 6x6 pad with some soft greens, yellows and aquas for my circles.



I started the right side page with distress inks and the packaging technique, smooshing a mix of ink and water on to the page, used a stencil for a grid of dots (which mostly got covered up) and flicked three colours of mist over the top. On the left, I changed Craftpopsy's hearts to stamped stars and coloured them in with the same distress ink. I cut and layered up my circles before stamping asterisks on and around them, and adding tiny pearls. Finally I spattered another colour of mist over the circles and doodled a border around the right side of the page which was feeling unfinished. 

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - My Mind's Eye Bright 6x6 Pad
Pearls - The Hobby House, Kanban Crafts
Ink - Hobbycraft, Ranger, 
Mist - Mister Huey's, Docrafts, Cosmic Shimmer, Maya Road

Tools
Banana Frog 'Circus Stories' Star Stamp
American Crafts/Amy Tangerine Asterisk Stamp
Dreamweaver 'Background Dots' Stencil

No comments:

Post a Comment