Tuesday 2 January 2018

Splish Splash

I made this page for the fourth Advent Challenge in the For the Love of Pretty Paper Facebook group. Each of these challenges has involved five stash items and a technique and for this round they were ephemera, mixed media, chipboard, a large word, hearts and DIY embellishments. 

To me, a mixed media background means using a single photo so that the background can be seen, and I chose an old one of my son and nephew in the bath. I picked an assortment of inks, mists, stamps and stencils and started playing, layering the patterns and colours over each other. 


I've had these chipboard letters for years, and they usually get rejected for being too large or the wrong colour for my page; however they've found a home here at last and I ran the title vertically so that the photo could nestle in between the descenders of the letters P and H. 

I made my DIY embellishment by layering up a sticker, some washi tape, punched and die-cut shapes and a heart puffy sticker.

Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - Making Memories
Letters - Making Memories, Doodlebug
Border Sticker - Crate Paper
Ephemera - Simple Stories
Label Sticker - October Afternoon
Puffy Sticker - American Crafts/Shimelle
Chipboard - Studio Calico
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Cosmic Shimmer, Docrafts, Mr Huey's

Tools
Creative Expressions Grid Mask
Studio Calico Hexagon Stamp
Dovecraft Filmstrip Stamp
Studio Calico Stars Stamp
Elle's Studio Heart Stamp
X-Cut Small Circle Punch
Big Shot & X-Cut Labels Die



No comments:

Post a Comment