Sunday 11 February 2018

Austurvöllur

Austurvöllur is the main square in Reykjavik, and it borders both the Alþingishúsið (Parliament House) and the cathedral (which I've already scrapbooked here). The Alþingishúsið was the fifth of the photos that I considered when making my Historic Houses page but I thought that it was best scrapped as part of this page with an general view of the square and a close-up of the central statue (Jón Sigurðsson, a nineteenth century campaigner for Icelandic independence from Denmark).

My page design is another one from Shimelle's A Most Magical Scrapbook class. Hers had a 4x3 photo next to the 4x6s, and I originally printed my statue photo at that size but I felt that it dominated the page so I reprinted it at 3x2. 





This is the last page for Reykjavik and I've also finished Olden. I still have a page each to make from Tasiilaq and Ålesund and I've barely touched Akureyri and the trip we took from there so maybe I should focus on that next.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations, Bazzill
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Echo Park Note to Self, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - Jillibean Soup
Puffy Stickers - Fancy Pants, Bella Boulevard
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Bunting Mini Dies
X-Cut Tag Die
Spellbinders Circles Dies
X-Cut Circle Punch
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch


No comments:

Post a Comment