Wednesday 7 February 2018

Bounce!

With all the new collections being released shortly, Lottie Loves Paper are setting a series of stash-busting challenges this month so that we can clear out before we restock. Prompt 2 was "Go Sticker Crazy" and I decided to use up an old pack of alpha stickers. I bought these and the matching paper back in 2011 and although I've used almost all the paper the stickers have languished in my stash. I found that they're a bit big for titles, there's only one of most letters and the mix of patterns was overwhelming.
I arranged and rearranged them on the page (luckily they are cardstock and not too sticky) and came up with two basic choices, either a rigid row by row arrangement which filled the page, or fitting the letters together more closely while rotating some of them to fit which filled about two-thirds of the page. I much preferred the look of the latter, which also fitted better to the carefree nature of the photo I picked. I filled in some of the gaps with punctuation pieces and enamel shapes and outlined all the stickers.

My photo is a very old one of my son and his friend. I embellished directly over a shadowy corner, and added the title in black foam letters to contrast with the flat patterned letters in the background. 



Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee, My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
Black Letters - Papermania
Letter Stickers - My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
Ticket - Basic Grey
Leaves - Unknown
Enamel Shapes - Marianne Designs
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot & Little B Arrows Die
X-Cut Corner Punch

1 comment:

  1. I love this layout. I have so many alphas that need sorting out. Fab way to use up those sets with no vowels left. x

    ReplyDelete