Thursday 15 February 2018

Cruise 2017

Two challenges collided to make me do this page next when I'd intended to move on to Akureyri in my cruise album. We're on our third run through the alphabet in the ABC Challenges at UKScrappers and I picked up A for Adventure; also one of the stash-busting challenges from Lotties Loves Paper this month is to use as much ephemera as possible on a page. 

I have the ephemera pack and the sticker sheet from Photo Play Paper's Boarding Pass collection; some of the pieces are more travel-themed than others and I'd mentally reserved them for my title page. One of them has the wording 'It's time for a new adventure' which fits in with the UKScrappers challenge and I used an 'adventure' word sticker too.

We visited three countries on this trip (Iceland, Greenland and Norway) so I picked three scenery photos and printed them at 4x4 to fit across the page with paper strips above and below. I used a vertical strip of navy paper to ground all the die-cut pieces and arranged them in a column, trying to fit them together like a jigsaw puzzle.


I popped a couple of the stickers up on foam squares and scattered a few enamel dots and wood veneer stars into the mix. I cut the title on my Silhouette and added the three country names with letter stickers.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Paper - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - Basic Grey
Die-Cuts - Photo Play Boarding Pass
Stickers - Photo Play Boarding Pass, October Afternoon Treasure Map
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots/Shapes - Doodlebug
Brad - 7Gypsies
Washi Tape - Tesco
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Kreaxions Circle Cutter 

No comments:

Post a Comment