Monday 5 February 2018

Fire & Ice 2018

This was the third page that I made for Stick It Down's recent cyber-crop, and it's another double. Ashley's challenge was to combine a song title with any sketch from the SID archive. I'm not a fan of song title challenges as a rule, but my daughter had just come back from a 'Fire & Ice' scout camp (a song by Pat Benatar) so that was enough to get me started. 

Their scout leader had posted some photos to Facebook during the weekend, so I sorted through them and looked for a suitable sketch, hitting on this one from January 2015. One of the weekend's activities had been wood burning so I used the photo from that as my title. (Aquila is the Explorer Scout Unit that my daughter belongs to.)

Being a Fire and Ice camp, I wasn't sure whether to scrap these photos with warm (fire) or cool (ice) colours, so I tried them against a few colours and orange was the clear winner with even the snowy picture looking good against it.



Lotties Loves Paper have just launched a series of stash-busting challenges in their Facebook group, and the first of those was wood. I've used 24 wood veneer stars on this page but that's barely dented my stash at all. I'm on my second packet of them and have a third ready for when this pack runs low.


Supplies
Paper - Simple Stories Awesome, Recollections Awesome Boy
Stickers - Simple Stories Take a Hike, The Paper Studio
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Enamel Dots - Stampin' Up
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
X-Cut Circle Punch
Big Picture 'Explore' Stamp Set

No comments:

Post a Comment