Tuesday 13 February 2018

Lovely

I'm flitting between my cruise pages and challenges that take my fancy but can't be done as part of the cruise album, and this page falls into the latter category. This month's sketch at UKScrappers with two circles of stitching and some trees in the embellishment caught my eye and made me think of scrapbooking a Christmas tree photo. (I can't copy the sketch here, but it's on the link if you are interested).


Lottie Loves Paper have a series of stash-busting challenges this month, and the fifth one was "Small is Beautiful" - use up your tiny embellishments. I was originally going to spread some Christmas brads and other small pieces out around the stitched circles, but I changed tack and decided to fill in the gap between the two circles with the smallest pieces I could find instead. My provisional title for the page was "Red, Green and Gold" and I stuck to that colour scheme, starting with gold enamel hearts and chipboard stars, then brads in all three colours and finally filling in the gaps with gems. I store most of my embellishments by colour and when I found a glittery die-cut of the word "lovely" in my red drawer that became my title instead. I layered it over an acetate circle from the gold drawer and I love that the circle looks like a Christmas bauble.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Basic Grey Serenade, OneCanoeTwo Creekside
Chipboard Stars - Studio Calico
Enamel Hearts - Marianne Designs
Acetate - Studio Calico
Brads - 7Gypsies, Dovecraft, Papermania
Gems - TPC Studio, Papermania, ZVA Creative
Embroidery Thread - DMC

Tools
Fiskars Circle Template

No comments:

Post a Comment