Wednesday 31 October 2012

Five Go to the Zoo Together

On Monday afternoon, Tricia Berry aka Chick gave us a class called The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers which used her electronic cutting machine. I don't have one and tried to think of an alternative way of cutting her confetti pattern in the middle of the page. Last time I did something similar I cut circles with my Fiskars shape cutter, but this time I wanted something a bit more interesting than a grid of circles. I toyed with using punches, but mine don't reach far into the page. Eventually I decided on ovals and alternated their direction for a bit of variety. 

Tricia used Echo Park's Paradise Beach papers and I copied her bright summery colours by picking Fancy Pants' Wavesearcher collection. I had already earmarked this photo for the papers and it fitted the centre of the page nicely.  The five are my children, my nephew and my cousin's children, on a trip to Howlett's Zoo Park ten years ago.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, plus a white scrapbook insert
Paper & Journalling Block - Fancy Pants Wavesearcher
Letters - Papermania

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Ovals Template

No comments:

Post a Comment