Tuesday 14 February 2017

Heading North

One project that's been on my mind recently is the album that I started for our cruise to Norway in 2013. We're cruising again later this year and it would be nice to finish that one before we go. Looking back at my blog I did the last page for this album in September 2014, more than two years ago, so it's high time I picked it up again.

I'm working with divided pages for this album, and a yellow, blue and grey colour scheme using four different 6x6 pads plus a few coordinating 12x12 papers. I've kept the supplies in a separate box all this time, so they were easy enough to pull out. I was stuck previously on a page as we left Nordkapp, so I'm leaving that one alone for now, and moving to the next day. 

As the title says, we were "Heading North" from the top of Norway to the Svalbard archipelago deep inside the Arctic circle. This was a day at sea so I don't have many photos; the two I wanted to feature were one landscape and one portrait so this dictated the page protector that I used.




Those main photos were one of Bear Island, which marked the approximate half-way point, and one of our children that evening when we had our second formal night. My title went in the 2x12 pocket and the map is cut from a sheet of Webster's Pages vellum. The middle pocket has some information about Bear Island, and the bottom one is a summary of our day, with pictures from Wii bowling (which can be tricky on a moving ship).

Supplies
Paper - Pink Paislee Portfolio, My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart
Vellum - Webster's Pages Hello World
Letters - K & Company
Frames - Echo Park This & That
Button - My Mind's Eye Lost & Found
Washi - October Afternoon, Trimcraft, Efco
Gems - Dovecraft, Paperchase

Tools
Big Shot & Alphabet Dies


No comments:

Post a Comment