Thursday, 30 July 2026

Parkrun Pages with Scrap Squad

It's that time of year when Scrap Squad publish their '12 Days of Summer Scraplifts', and I've used a few for parkrun pages. These are all 8x8, the photos are all quite similar and I don't generally add titles, so I welcome the scraplifts as a way to get some variety into the album.

I started off with Day 4, scraplifting a page originally made by Morag Cutts for Bramble Fox. 

Working on 8x8 means that my photo takes up proportionately more of the width of the page, so I made my layers wider too, using a 6x8 pad for the layers of patterned paper. With just one photo, I added a mason jar alongside it as a journalling spot, instead of the second photo.

Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill; Paper - Alchemy Hearts Out and About 2025, Paige Evans Bungalow Lane, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan; Sticker - Pretty Little Studio; Die-Cut - October Afternoon


Next up was Day 8, a page by Laura Alberts for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. 

I rotated the page as I only had one photo again, which was wider than it was tall, so that was a better match for the column of three photos in the original.

I found the white background to be too plain, so added a light smooshing of yellow ink behind the photo.


Supplies: Cardstock - DCWV, Bazzill; Paper - Simple Stories Summer Snapshots; Labels - Kaitlin Schaeffer Printable; Washi Tape - Unknown; Puffy Dots - Jen Hadfield


My third page was from Day 9, a page by Rachel O'Neal for Paper Issues.

I used a set of Vicki Boutin stamps with distress inks on my white background, inspired by the crosses on Rachel's original. I wasn't going to use twine on the tags as I like to keep these pages flat, but the tags looked unfinished until I punched the holes and added the twine.


Supplies: Paper - Simple Stories Summer Snapshots; Labels - Kaitlin Schaeffer Printable; Stitching Stickers - Pretty Little Studio; Puffy Hearts - Shimelle; Washi Tape & Enamel Hearts - Unknown; Twine - The Ribbon Reel


Then I moved on to Day 10, a page by Claire Louise for Papermaze. 

I used my only square photo for this one, rounding the corners instead of framing it as in the original.

I started from the two floral clusters when choosing my supplies, a mixture of Jen Hadfield stickers and Paige Evans papers. 


Supplies: Paper - Paige Evans; Stickers - Jen Hadfield The Avenue, Paige Evans 

No comments:

Post a Comment