Monday 12 September 2011

Seeing the Sights

I didn't do Shimelle's last Starting Point challenge; it started with a bundle of offcuts arranged in a rectangle at the bottom of the page which didn't immediately inspire me. Having seen some of the completed layouts that were submitted, I may go back to it. 

However this week's challenge was very different with four separate blocks of patterned paper to build from. This suggested four separate but linked photos to me so I used some from a trip to Paris last year. After a rummage, I decided to use only two patterns and repeat them, partly as I couldn't find four co-ordinating papers that didn't overwhelm the pictures. 
I only had one of the name-tags and it was too large so I scanned it, resized it and printed five with the place names and my journalling. I used a piece of 35mm film instead of the paper strip across the middle; this tied in with my title sticker which has a camera on it. Finally I tucked my ticket from the Louvre behind its photo.

Supplies
Paper - Colorbok Travel Page Kit, NitWit Collections Winter Wishes
Name-Tags - NitWit Collections Winter Wishes
Title - atd

No comments:

Post a Comment