Friday 23 September 2011

Leavers Party

This layout is for Shimelle's Scrapbook Starting Point from last weekend. She posts a part-finished page on Saturday and the finished layout on Sunday. This is where she started last week:

She suggested a bold stripy paper as the background balanced by a large square of something more subtle. I meant to take a photo of my layout at the same point, but I forgot, so we'll have to jump to the finished article:

This was actually my second attempt - the first set of papers I gathered contained some very bright papers from Paper Adventures, but they were a bit too bright and overwhelmed the photo which although very colourful is actually quite dark so I switched to a Hot Off the Press collection instead. I used more pieces of paper than my normal style but I am quite happy with the end result.

Supplies
Paper & Tags - HOTP My Boy Kit
Letters - Scenic Route
Circle Peel-Off and Star - from Stash
Zig-Zag Peel-Off - Anita's


2 comments: