Friday 19 August 2011

Bundle

Shimelle's challenges are certainly varied. For the 'Add to the Story' Challenge she asked us to find a page in our album that doesn't tell the whole story and find a way to add it.

I normally plan a layout complete with space for journalling, but this one was a bit different. Most of the pictures had garden clutter in the corners, so I decided to cut these off and pile up the photos randomly to echo the pile of children. This meant that there was little space for journalling and I couldn't think of a way to add a journalling spot without detracting from the random nature of the page, especially as the story behind the photos relates to my cousin's visit from the USA, rather than the photos themselves. This challenge has given me the push I needed to add the journalling. I have printed it on a tag (pictured on the right of the layout) which tucks behind the photo on the top left where it is easy to pull out and read, even while the page is in a page protector.

No comments:

Post a Comment