Sunday 14 August 2011

Flutter By

While on Facebook this morning (Sunday), I noticed an advert for a three day crop at www.shimelle.com starting on Friday. Was this something to look forward to? Or had I missed the first 2 days? Sadly it was the latter, but most of the challenges are open until next Sunday.

I won't have time to do them all; this is the sixth project but the one that looks easiest. The 'Grid It Up' Challenge - create a project with a grid as a design element! You can interpret that any way you wish! Get creative!

A gentle start to a week of challenges...

I took these photos in the butterfly house at Longleat last year and a grid is the perfect layout for them. I wanted the butterflies to be the main feature in this page, so I kept it simple with a plain textured background and a contrasting stitched edge. The butterfly paper was one that I had had for ages, waiting for the 'right' time to use it (and I still have some left - hooray). The small orange butterflies gave me the choice of colours for the rub-on letters and the stitching.

Supplies
Paper - Paper Adventures
Card - Possibly Scrap Genie
Rub-Ons - Making Memories
Embroidery Thread - DMC

No comments:

Post a Comment