Monday 17 June 2013

Cruise the Baltic Sea

I've been having an internal battle between working on my 2012 album and completing some of this month's challenges. I was trying to combine them, but that doesn't always work. Then throw into the mix the fact that there are various classes going on that I have started and not finished (or not even started) and it's no wonder that I jump from place to place like a grasshopper.

I'm making the jump today to a class at UK Scrappers called Have I Got Scrap For You which started in January. It's run by Niki Rowland and I was following her '52 Layouts' series on her blog last year, until it fizzled out around Christmas (Week 28). The new class has a similar step-by-step page each month, but also other ideas for things to try. I was re-reading the class PDFs with my 2012 album in mind, but her April prompt, about themed papers, triggered this page.

We took a Baltic Cruise a couple of years ago and I had a beautiful paper set aside for my title page. (right - with additional lettering - I nearly forgot to photograph it). I've tried to make this page several times and I've always struggled with the picture of the ship (which is just a generic ship not the one we sailed on). The obvious thing to do is to confine my page elements to the open space above the ship, but I haven't managed to lay out anything that I am happy with; the ship is always a distraction.

Having read Niki's guidance again, I was determined to finally make this page, and I actually made the slightly bizarre decision to cover the ship up completely. I concentrated the page elements in the bottom half of the page which left all the nautical wording in the open space above.



Supplies
Paper - Paper House Productions Cruise Ship, MME Follow Your Heart, Scraps
Cardstcok - Papermania
Letters - Jillibean Soup Alphabeans
Brads - Papermania
Washi Tape - Queen & Co
Sticker - Colorbok
Ship's Wheel - Ebay

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment