Thursday 4 July 2013

Dragon River Baby

The latest round of the team game at Scrap Whispers came to a close at the end of June and all our pages have been revealed on their blog this week. I've explained it before, but basically three teams (led by Georgina, Nilsa and Rosey) make a chain of scrapbook pages from the same starting point by scraplifting the person before them.

I was scraplifting Georgina, here are the two pages:





















I decided to stick with the single photo and picked a theme park ride photo, from Dragon River at Chessington. We're facing towards the right so I moved the photo to the left of my page and lined up everything flush with the left edge. I loved the way Georgina had done her title, by cutting it out and backing it with patterned paper, but I don't have an electronic die cutter so I couldn't do this. My version was to use the same sticker font in three colours for my title, and I used them as the basis of my colour scheme. I did punch a row of circles and backed them with paper in another place on the page for a similar look. I was going to drop the banners at the top of the page, but there was a space next to my title that needed filling. I realised that I could use the circles I had punched and make one single banner with my son's initials on it. I would have liked to write my journalling above and below my main page elements as Georgina did, but there was too much for two rows so I wrote it all at the bottom.

You can see all three chains, and how much they varied from the starting page  on the Scrap Whispers blog: Georgina's team; Rosey's team; Nilsa's team.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill (White)
Paper - Crate Paper Random, plus scraps from Imaginisce, Sandylion and others
Letter Stickers - Papermania
Rub-On Letters - HOTP
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Border Sticker - Sandylion
Ink - Ink It Up!

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch

1 comment:

  1. That a great title for a page, and I love the color combo.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete