Saturday 11 October 2014

Hagrid's Pets

Despite the fact that I already have an assortment of albums in progress, I'm starting another one. My daughter and I visited the Harry Potter Studios this summer and took so many photos that they need an album all to themselves. 

I'm taking the same approach to this one as I did to my London 2012 album, using one 'kit' of papers and embellishments all the way through and if I add anything from my stash then that will stay with the kit and be repeated. I started my kit from October Afternoon's Witch Hazel collection, and added co-ordinating papers from a host of other October Afternoon collections. I stayed with just one manufacturer as OA print on cream paper and I didn't want a clash of different cream and white based papers.

I'm not making the pages in any particular order; this sketch from Paper Secrets caught my eye so I started with a page for Aragog and Buckbeak. 

Paper Secrets always add an extra condition to their sketches; this time it is to use something beginning with each of the letters of the word TRICK. My items are Tim Holtz stickers, Rub-on feather, Ink, Chevron washi tape and Kraft stars.




I have included quotes about the two creatures from the Harry Potter books, and I intend to continue those throughout the album. The embellishments are simple and repeatable - punched cardstock stars and wood veneer stars - though I also have a few packs of brads that I will be trying to use up.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Papermania, Bazzill Bling
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel
Washi Tape - OA
Letters - OA Daily Flash, Tim Holtz
Label Stickers - Tim Holtz
Rub-On - Jenni Bowlin
Wood Veneer Stars - Studio Calico
Mist - Docrafts
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Hobbycraft Star Punch
Woodware Tiny Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment