Monday 13 October 2014

The Potter House

It's my team's turn to set the weekly challenge at UKScrappers this week. We like some flexibility to a challenge so we chose to ask our fellow players to use three criteria from a list of ten. For my sample page, I chose to use this sketch originally from Sketchabilities, a predominantly orange colour scheme and something metallic (brads).

It's another page from my Harry Potter album, and has a single photo of the Potter House in Godric's Hollow, as on display in the back lot of the studio tour. I'm working with October Afternoon Witch Hazel papers, a Hallowe'en collection, so I took the chance to use the 'October 31' die cut and the '31' brad here as Lily and James Potter were killed on 31 October. The text is a quote from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.







Orange is featured in Rochelle Spears' Scrappy Friends Challenge this month as well. It's a tic-tac-toe grid and I've used the diagonal - die-cuts, orange and 4+ patterned papers (I have five). Interestingly, we've used the same paper collection for our pages.



Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - October Afternoon Witch Hazel
Doily - Papermania
Letters - OA Witch Hazel
Die Cuts - OA Wicth Hazel
Brads - OA Witch Hazel
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Woodware Tag Punch
7Gypsies Stamp
Lid (used as a stamp)

1 comment:

  1. Nice Layout! Love the layering! Thanks for playing along with my blog challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete