Tuesday 5 May 2015

Stick It Down - Escape in a Book

This month's sketches were revealed last Friday at Stick It Down, with stunning samples from Rachel, Stephanie and Jodie. Today it's the turn of the rest of the single page DT to reveal our versions.

The obvious features of the sketch are those hexagons and the large doily; I die-cut the hexagons for my page and placed them on a doily print background. 

My photo is from the V&A Museum of Childhood which I visited in January; specifically it's from an art installation called Dream House, where 20 designers were asked to create their ideal rooms. I really liked this one (Offline Hideaway by Dominic Wilcox) with the girl reading a book atop a pile of furniture. I could just imagine myself in her place.




Supplies
Paper - My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline, MME Vintage Chic, Crate Paper The Pier
Letters - Pretty Little Studio, October Afternoon
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Hexagon Die
Little B Arrow Die
Woodware Tag Punch

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout - the hexagons are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Love this page... especially the soft patterned paper.. Love the hexagons on any page..

    ReplyDelete