Tuesday 11 August 2015

A Hug from Nanna

I've been scrapping a mish-mash of stuff recently, and today it's an older photo that my cousin sent me of her son and our nan.

I used the 1 August sketch from Stuck?! Sketches and the border at the top made me think of an Amy Tangerine paper that I have, though the paper has a border all the way round. Funny the connections that our brains make. Then I picked The Pier 6x6 pad because my Nan lived at the seaside at the time (even though there's no hint of that in the photo); my brain doing strange things again.




I was originally going to stitch the circles from the sketch, but then I noticed the splodges and decided to stencil a circle of dots. Once done, the stitching seemed superfluous, and dropping it meant that my title could sit in the space above the photo. 

Supplies
Paper - American Crafts Amy Tangerine Plus One, Crate Paper The Pier
Letters - American Crafts Thickers, Authentique Petite Type
Washi Tape - Papermania
Enamel Dots - Teresa Collins
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Heidi Swapp Stencil
Big Shot & Concentric Circles Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely. I like the colors and the picture is so sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the sketch, I love that color combination and the stenciled splotches in the circle. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! You've matched the colours in the papers perfectly to the photo, and I really like your stencilling! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete