Wednesday 13 July 2016

St John's (Page Re-Do)

I made a title/divider page for each port of call on our cruise to Ireland and Canada last summer, including this page for St John's that I made last November. 




Fast forward eight months and, as I come to the end of my scrapbook, there is one more photo that I'd like to include in the album. It's a picture of a plaque in Harbourside Park that commemorates the foundation of the British Empire when Sir Humphrey Gilbert claimed Newfoundland for Britain in 1583; it hasn't fitted with any of the pages that I've made, and it doesn't merit a page of its own, so I decided to add it to my title page. I printed it at 3" square, which is large enough to read the inscription, and squeezed it in above the map paper on my original page. Of course, it wasn't quite that easy as I also lifted the map section up and replaced the background layers with new taller pieces so that my new photo would share the blue mat with the map. Here's the new version (with newly extended journalling too):



The eagle-eyed will notice that the page has also acquired a yellow strip down the right-hand side. That's because the page protectors in my album are only 30cm wide (12" is 30.5cm) so I've had to cut the edges off all my pages to make them fit the page protectors, and I mis-measured this one. The easiest cure was a strip of cardstock stuck behind the original page to bring it back to the 30cm width.

Just one more page to go now!

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset, Bazzill
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, Glitz Designs Uncharted Waters, Pink Paislee Memorandum
Letters - American Crafts
Tag - Graines Creatives
Wood Veneer - Creative Embellishments
Gems - ZVA Creative
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Stampendous 'Travel Words' Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment