Tuesday 24 January 2017

NCS Graduation

Having said last post that I am going to forget about 2016 for a while and scrap whatever photos take my fancy, I'm back to it almost straight away. 

This page is from December when my daughter and her team-mates graduated from NCS - National Citizen Service. This is a government scheme for 16-17 year-olds delivered in three parts - Adventure (outdoor activities away from home), Skills (workshops in a university or college) and Make a Difference (a community project that they choose, plan and deliver). See www.ncsyes.co.uk
for more information, especially if you are in the UK and you have a teen.


I worked with another sketch set as part of the January challenge in Facebook group For the Love of Pretty Paper, but I flipped it horizontally and swapped the two smaller photos for a larger one. I also replaced the frame with a longer strip of paper to give me a place for my journalling.

I used new Echo Park paper for my background and found an excellent match for the colours in an old My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad. I kept the rest of the papers to simple monochrome patterns to calm down the busy background.




Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Everyday Memories, My Mind's Eye Just Splendid, Photo Play Fun with Friends, American Crafts, Crate Paper
Letters - American Crafts, Pebbles
Sticker - Echo Park Everyday Memories
Enamel Dots - Fancy Pants, Doodlebug, Trimcraft
Ink - Docrafts
Mist - Cosmic Shimmer
Tools

Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circle Template
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
Hobbycraft Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment