Thursday 5 January 2017

Sparkle

Every year we celebrate Guy Fawkes Night at my parents. It's the one night of the year when you can (almost) guarantee that the whole extended family will be there. We've been doing it since we were children and the evening has hardly changed in nearly 40 years. BUT, there are no photos. It's hardly surprising since you just wouldn't have taken pictures on an evening like this in the 1970s, but the camera rarely comes out even now and the event is missing from my scrapbooks. I know that I could scrapbook it without photos, but that seems pointless as there's always been the feeling that next year I will take pictures and get it documented. To be honest, I've tried a few times but taking pictures in the dark is hard, and no-one stays still long enough. Last year I concentrated on the fireworks, and got a few decent shots so the event has now been recorded, but I'd like some 'people' pictures one year if only I can persuade my family to co-operate...


Anyway, on to the scrapbooking. I used the December Week 3 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy, and played with the photo sizes and orientation. I wanted a hand-written look to my title, like it could have been written in the air with a sparkler, so I found an appropriate piece of clip-art and cut it on the Silhouette. I decided to add extra layers above the photos and at the bottom of the page, so I veered away from the sketch a little, but I think the bones of it are recognisable.



Supplies

Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - My Mind's Eye Jolly Holly, Studio Calico
Journalling Card - Crate Paper Bundled Up
Stickers - Crate Paper, Paperchase
Flowers - Great Expressions
Gems - KaiserCraft
Washi Tape - Efco
Ink - Ranger


Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die

No comments:

Post a Comment