Friday 26 January 2018

Rundskue

I do like to repeat designs and motifs when I'm making an album for a holiday or other event, and one of the things that I need to repeat in my cruise album is a page based on a triangle/diagonal design. I did one a while back (Harpa) and added a second (Briksdalbreen) when a good sketch came up earlier this month, but I'd like at least one more, preferably more, and to have them spread throughout the album rather than being clumped together.

The two 'triangle' pages that I've done so far were from Reykjavik and Olden, and I'm currently working my way through photos from Ålesund so this seemed to be a good time for another. I chose a stripe for my triangle and overlapped two 4x6 photos to fit on an 8x8 cardstock mat which I offset on another patterned paper. I ran my title vertically again (one thing that I definitely keep repeating), filled the space below it with a large embellishment cluster and built something similar in the opposite corner.




Rundskue means something like 'round sight' and is the name of either the highest point on the hilly ridge above Ålesund or of the viewing tower in the top photo, possibly both. We climbed the tower for views out over the surrounding islands, and the bottom photo is a selfie that we took up there.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations, DCWV
Paper - Photo Play Fun with Friends, Photo Play Boarding Pass
Letters - American Crafts
Stickers - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes, American Crafts/Shimelle
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Washi Tape - Tesco
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Big Shot
X-Cut Camera Die
X-Cut Star Die
X-Cut Ticket Stubs Die
Little B Arrows Die
Spellbinders Circle Die
Sizzix Tab Die
Woodware Tiny Star Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment