Tuesday 27 February 2018

Friends

Another page for a Lottie Loves Paper stash-busting challenge; this one was to use only patterned paper and no cardstock for a page. I like a patchwork for showing off a variety of patterned papers, and turned to this month's sketch from Creative Scrappers, pairing it with an old photo of my son and a friend's daughter when they were toddlers.

I chose a 6x6 paper pad from Authentique as being the easiest way to use lots of co-ordinating patterns and then joined two pieces together for the large box at the bottom of the sketch. Two of the long strips at the top of my page are washi tape and the third is a paper from my scraps box. My background is almost plain, but it's a very subtle patterned paper from Echo Park, and not cardstock.

Next I hand-stitched the three circles and added circular embellishments in the same way as the sketch has them. One of my papers had critters on it so I punched some of those to use with epoxy circles rather than all being paper. My main changes were to use more circles instead of the star indicated on the sketch and to move my title as it fitted perfectly at the bottom of the page and looked lost and 'floaty' on the left.


Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Not to Self, Authentique Nestled, Heidi Swapp No Limits
Letters - SEI
Washi Tape - Dovecraft, Little B, Unknown
Word Sticker - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Epoxy Circles - Ebay
Enamel Dots - Studio Calico, Stampin'Up
Embroidery Thread - DMC
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Fiskars Circles Template
X-Cut Circle Punches
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment