Wednesday 4 September 2024

Pages from Stockholm - Part 1

It's been a while since I last shared a round-up of pages, and that's because I have been busy enjoying the summer, interspersed with making a whopping total of eleven new pages for Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, which we visited on our Scandinavian cruise last summer. I'll be sharing those across two posts as there are so many.

I'll start with the sub-title page; I make one of these for every port we visit to divide the album into 'chapters' for each one. I have shared this one before but I'm repeating it with all the new pages for completeness.


(The numbers that follow are my page count for the year.)

70. Heart of the City
We moored right in the middle of Stockholm and went ashore by tender. I used two overlapping photos at the top of the page to make a panorama of the old town and added three smaller ones below with some street views.


71. Gamla Stan
First pocket page, with photos of four of the landmark buildings in the old town.


72. The Longest Art Gallery in the World / T-Bana / Östermalmstorg
We'd been to Stockholm before and seen some of the major sights, so this time we explored the T-bana, Stockholm's metro, where many of the stations are filled with art. This page starts with an introduction and a map, then the first station.


73. Stadion
Back to 12x12, partly as I wanted to make a feature of this station and partly because the photos didn't work well in a pocket page. Stadion station is carved from solid rock and painted blue with rainbows to remind people of the blue skies above. This page was my first August DT page for Twilight Crafts, using their Filmstrip cut-file in my layering.


74. Tekniska Högskolan
Another 12x12, on the back of the last. This is the station for the Royal Institute of Technology and is a tribute to various scientific discoveries. I split the page into a half and two quarters on different subjects.


Six more to go, and I'll share those next week.

Supplies
Cardstock - Core'dinations, The Craft Place, Craft UK
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Tourist Mode, Pinkfresh Studio Life Right Now, Pinkfresh Studio Out and About, Pinkfresh Studio Simply the Best, Pinkfresh Studio Brighter Days, Pebbles New Addition, Simple Stories
Letters - Pinkfresh Studio, Jillibean Soup, Doodlebug, American Crafts, Studio Calico
Journal Cards - Studio Calico
Stickers - Pinkfresh Studio, Heidi Swapp, 49 & Market
Filmstrip - 49 & Market
Glitter Tape - Unknown;
Enamel Dots - Altenew, 49 & Market, Pinkfresh Studio, Carta Bella, Pretty My Page, Freckled Fawn, My Mind's Eye, Simple Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment