Monday, 10 August 2026

Cycling the Downs Link

I'm trying to fill in the gaps in my 2026 album chronologically rather than picking out the 'easy' pages and leaving all the 'difficult' ones for later. The next set comes from my husband's first major cycle ride of the year, back in March. This was along the Downs Link, a route that runs through Surrey and West Sussex, joining the North Downs Way to the South Downs Way then continuing to the coast at Shoreham-by-Sea.

I printed seven photos, all at the same height, and arranged them in two rows, loosely based on the June sketch from For the Love of Pretty Paper.

There's not a lot of colour in the photos, so I concentrated on the orange from my husband's shirt, this being one of his favourite colours. I found a couple of individual sheets from Bo Bunny which match perfectly despite being 11 years apart in age (2006 and 2017) and both so old that they are well overdue for being used up or passed on. 

I kept the plainer piece as my background and tore the stripes to go in the top part of the page. Later on I tore another smaller strip to go at the bottom (that isn't on the sketch). I also moved the embellishment clusters to go at the ends of my photo strips, clusters made up of assorted oddments arranged around a couple of die-cut chevrons. The cross-stitch sticker was the last one of that colour in the pack so I cut it in two and used bits top and bottom.

Supplies: Paper - Bo Bunny Daydream, Bo Bunny Cottontail, Shimelle Starshine, Pink Paislee Memorandum; Letters - Pinkfresh Studio; Border - Unknown; Bicycle Die-Cut - Simple Stories; Acetate - 49 and Market; Stitching Sticker - Pretty Little Studio; Stars - Studio Calico; Gem Chevrons - Prima; Enamel Dots - Hey Little Magpie, Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment