Tuesday 13 December 2011

Tour de France

Both Scrap Whispers and Scrap Our Stash have published an 'Anything Goes' challenge for December. This is supposed to make life easier at a busy time of year - any layout, card or project at all. However I find it much easier to create a layout when I have some parameters, whether these come from a sketch, a scraplift or a colour combination. They help to cut down all the possible layouts and give me a starting point to build on.

With no restrictions, I struggled to get started. I kept looking at various photos, waiting for inspiration to strike, but it didn't. Eventually I decided to scrap the next set of pictures chronologically going backwards, to fill in a gap in my 2007 album. This meant a multi-photo layout and I decided to just scraplift myself, making a duplicate of a recent layout. 

I started from the red, cream and aqua layout I made last week, played about with the photos and changed the colour scheme to make a new version:

I dropped the stitched border as I thought is was unnecessary on the patterned paper and I changed the orientation of the title. I bought the circles paper specifically for these photos at least 18 months ago but I've not got round to making the page until now.

These two pages will be in different albums so I don't think their similarities will matter. 

Supplies
Paper - K & Co Hannah Scrap Pad, We R Memory Keepers Hoops
Card - DCWV Neutral Stack
Letter Stickers - American Crafts
Border Sticker - Crate Paper
Vellum - from Stash

1 comment:

  1. Well I think scrap-lifting is perfectly fine as long as you credit the original designer ;-) so great idea! I know what you mean about having an idea to start you off, but you got a very cute page out of this.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap Whispers,
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete