Wednesday 4 July 2012

Theme Park Joy

I'm returning to J now on the ABC Crop at My Sketch World. It's taken a little while for me to decide how to make a scrapbook page using the word 'Joy' in the title. I was putting my 2012 pages in an album and checking through my photos to leave spaces for the pages I haven't made when I saw this picture of my son at the top of a theme park ride. It's not a great photo, but he is looking at the camera and smiling, which is an achievement and that is what I journalled about.

This page will be near to this one in the album, so I pulled out the same papers to work with. I started with a white background but I changed it to beige dotted swiss along the way.


The layout is loosely based on an old Sketch of the Week from Shimelle Laine, and the row of eyelet brads in my border are a consequence of her Something from Almost Nothing class which I started recently. Prompt 1 is about using up our metal embellishments; I've used 9 brads from a pack of 20 that I bought last September and hadn't touched since.

Supplies
Card - Bazzill Dotted Swiss
Paper - Echo Park Sweet Summertime, Pebbles Season's Greetings, K & Co Hannah, Pink Paislee Snow Day
Border Sticker - Crate Paper Farmhouse Collection
Letters - JoAnn Craft Essentials
Tickets - Paperhouse
Eyelet Brads - Pebbles
Ink - Dovecraft

Tools
Fiskars Bracket Border Punch
Papermania AlphaMania Clear Stamps

No comments:

Post a Comment