Friday 21 September 2012

(Blue) Mascot Trail

I wasn't originally a fan of Wenlock and Mandeville with their steel bodies giant all-seeing eyes, but they have grown on me over the summer as I have seen dozens of them dressed up as characters or buildings across London. 

Eighty-three mascot statues appeared in London over the summer, arranged on six discovery trails. I'm a sucker for a list, so we set out to complete all six trails over the summer holidays. First up was the blue trail with sixteen mascots. Once I had printed all my photos for this page, I realised that I just didn't have enough space left for my title and journalling. I looked at Shimelle's April 4x6 Photo Love class from last year for a solution as my 16 2x3 photos were the same area as her 4 4x6 photos. I didn't follow her page in the end, but I did use the idea of a flap opening up to show extra photos and my writing.

This is the page with the flap closed:



And with it open:



I plan to cut a slit in my page protector for the flap so it can be opened easily; I hope it will stand up to any rough handling.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania Kraft Basics
Paper - Papermania Portobello Road
Letters - Doodlebug, Papermania
Ink - Ink It Up!

Stars & Arrow - from Stash

Tools
Fiskars Postage Stamp Border Punch
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment