Thursday 25 April 2013

First Time Grandad

This is the second of three pages that I am making inspired by Glitter Girl's Adventure 65 at Two Peas in a Bucket, all about creating three pages from a limited kit of supplies; I shared the first one yesterday, so you might want to go back to that one.

Glitter Girl's two photo page used one landscape photo and one portrait photo, but her alter-ego Shimelle posted an alternative trio of pages on her blog, using the same kit principles. Shimelle's two photo page used two landscape photos and my page is closer to hers than the original Glitter Girl page.



My kit of papers was large enough that this page has very little in common with the previous one, just the red paper for the photo mat, a bit of washi tape and those large white letters. My title was slightly longer than the photo mat so I added the brown border sticker to disguise the mis-match and I think it worked.

My photos are of my baby son with his grandfather, but I had chosen the papers without particular photos in mind. My page ended up using rather heritage colours, so I changed the focus from the baby to the adult via my title. The dictionary paper has the definition of family (among other words) which I thought was perfect for the page.

Supplies
Cardstock - DCWV
Paper - Teresa Collins Timeless, Fancy Pants Wavesearcher, HOTP In the Kitchen, MME Follow Your Heart 6x6 Pad
Letters - American Crafts Simply Chic, Basic Grey Curio
Border Sticker - Echo Park
Paint - Folk Art Coffee Bean Acrylic Paint
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Metal Swirls - Pebbles

No comments:

Post a Comment