Monday 30 June 2014

Photo Scavenger Hunt - June Finds

The first month of Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt is over and I've enjoyed seeing various photos pop up on blogs and in the Facebook group, but I haven't posted my own finds yet. It's been a slow month as I normally do my scavenger hunting in the main school holidays (which are still three weeks away). I'm also hoping to find some of these when we go on holiday to Austria, especially the waterfall and the foreign language sign.

The full list and my finds are as follows:

1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
The most picturesque of our signs. The 30mph speed limit is new; it used to be 40mph on this stretch of road.



2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists

Are ramblers tourists? I passed this group while walking the Thames Path.



5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape

Cows in a field in Essex.


8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
I've taken several lamp post photos; it's been interesting to see how varied they are, when I normally take them for granted. This one is opposite our house, and was glowing in through my study window one evening.




18. A waterfall
19. A public garden

A garden on the site of Heritage Wharf, Grays, Essex.



20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season

Alt A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alt B: A bird house


So, five down, sixteen to go, and I know where to find a few of them. I won't be attempting a sunrise until September; they're just too early at the moment. Also birds on a wire are going to be tricky as all our wires run underground; I'll have to go further afield for that one. I'm not sure what I'll find in the way of a parade, but you never know what might come along between now and September.

Rinda's hosting a link-up for June over on her blog. Why not pop over and see how the other participants are getting on?


7 comments:

  1. Great interpretations - love the glow of the light. The cows look so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - good lamp photo! And I wonder how your town got such an unusual name...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a little bad laughing at other people, but all the tourist pictures make me giggle a bit!
    And I love your "welcome to" sign.
    Thanks for joining in!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos - like your welcome to sign. You don't live that far from me! I'm trying to get a photo of our town sign, but it is in the middle of the roundabout! Need to go down on a Sunday evening when it isn't too busy. Looking forward to seeing more of your discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea on waiting for the sunrise photo until September. I may need to do the same. I really enjoyed your photos.

    ReplyDelete