Thursday 5 February 2015

Stick It Down - David and Friends

February started with three new sketches at Stick It Down - a single page sketch, a double page sketch and a card sketch. We've already shared one example for each sketch and today is the turn of the single page team (including me) to show you what we made of it.

I'll admit that this months' sketch isn't really my thing but I still used it as a starting point for my own page. My printer's out of ink at the moment, so I've had to rely on older printed photos; I went way back to 1999 looking for a single landscape photo and unearthed one of my son and a pile of his soft toys. I keep my 'toddler papers' together and soon picked out the yellow teddy bear print paper which matches both the theme and the colours of my photo. I wanted a denim background paper but I couldn't find one; I think I must have used them all. However I did find a red and blue print that worked really well, matching both colours in the teddy bears.

So, I had the single landscape photo for the sketch, and the flowers on the right became a panel of the teddy bear patterned paper. Then I dug through my scraps for other coordinating papers and layered them together behind the photo. The layering doesn't match the sketch exactly, but that doesn't bother me. It was a few days before I could photograph the page, and at that point I decided that it needed to be matted on red cardstock.



There's a lot of really old stash on this page, including a few things (the brads and mulberry paper) that I have been tempted to dispose of. I'm rather glad that I didn't, and very happy that they are now on a page.

Supplies
Paper - Anna Griffin, Paper Adventures, Simple Stories plus various old scraps
Letters - Basic Grey Curio
Chipboard - Maya Road
Ink - Papermania
Brads - Laura Ashley

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment