Monday 9 March 2015

Woodland Wander

March seems to be whizzing by. Nearly a third of the month gone, and I'm barely staying on top of things. Sometimes crafting is the only thing keeping me sane, and I have another scrapbook page to share today.


I used using the current sketch from Stuck?! Sketches with three more photos from Austria. My daughter and I were walking through the woods to the water mill when we came across groups of gnomes made from tree trunks, with their story on boards along the path. My photo sizes are different from the sketch but I played with the dimensions of the paper elements until it worked for them.

I hoarded this butterfly paper for a long time. It was one of my most expensive papers when I bought it, and I loved it but it was so hard to use. I eventually made my first page with it in August 2011 (Flutter By) and the rest of the paper has lain in my scraps box ever since. I normally pull full papers first when I'm assembling a page, then turn to my scraps, and this poor paper never matched.

While printing my photos for this page, I realised that they would suit the butterfly paper, and started from there, choosing the background and then the other papers. I outlined them with a brown pen and used brown thread for the circles in the sketch.



Supplies
Paper - Basic Grey Hipster, Paper Adventures Green Butterflies, Sandylion Autumn Leaves, Crate Paper Random
Letters - Basic Grey Piccadilly
Border Sticker - Crate Paper Random
Stars - Studio Calico
Thread - DMC

Tools
Fiskars Circle Template
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

6 comments:

  1. I love it when you can put something to good use that has been in your stash for ages!! And the butterfly paper works perfectly with your photos! Great layout! So glad that you joined us this month at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hoard a lot of papers :o).

    The butterflies are so sweet..I love them and also the purple. Great color combination.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful when you find the perfect paper for your layout. Wonderful layout too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job, love the colours and patterns with your super cute pics! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! The soft background really make your photos pop. Great tae on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you could put that gorgeous paper to work on this pretty page! I see why you had to have it ;). Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete