Friday 17 July 2015

Room for Another!

It seems like ages since I last did a page for a sketch challenge; the multiple 4x6 photo pages that I've been making recently to finish my 2002 album just haven't suited them. Never mind, I've finished them now and I have one last page from that year to share with you today where I've combined TWO challenges.

It's a single photo (hurray) of my son, daughter, niece and nephew in the bath. I scrapped another bath photo a few weeks ago (Sharing), and I caught myself starting to make a very similar page. I really didn't want that twice in the same album, so I went looking for a sketch to use.

I hit on the Scrappy Friends challenges, and combined two of them here. The first one is Brenda's sketch at Grand Diva's Creative Corner. Ironically, it's a multi-photo sketch, which I've adapted for my one photo. I made the horizontal strips of paper a little narrower, and the tag and paper at the top of the sketch morphed into two smaller tags, which I then repeated at the left side of the photo.

The paper strips were a bit too 'clean' in comparison with the background paper so I stamped them with a random dots pattern, and then spattered the whole page with mist once I'd stuck them down.




The second challenge is Rochelle's Tic-Tac-Toe grid at Through the Eyes of Rochelle Spears. I kept my options open at first, with five of these items on the page, plus some chipboard pieces which I pulled out and didn't use. I eventually settled on the middle column - brads, stars and striped paper. The little eyelets on my tags are actually brads from Pebbles. I have them in three colours, and they are much easier to use than real eyelets, but I think they've been discontinued now. The stars are wood veneers from Studio Calico and the striped paper for my tags is ancient and unlabelled.

Supplies
Paper - We R Memory Keeper Love Notes, American Crafts Dear Lizzy Serendipity, 
      Heidi Swapp September Skies, My Mind's Eye Record It
Letters - Basic Grey
Washi Tape - Papermania
Eyelets - Pebbles
Wood Veneer - Studio Calico
Mist - Docrafts
Ink - Docrafts, Ranger

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Woodware Tag (Used as a Template)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice job on the challenges! :) Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy friends challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout and wonderful job with both challenges. Thank you for playing along with the July Scrappy friends Challenges!

    ReplyDelete