Tuesday 3 November 2015

Come Dancing

It's more than a month since I made this page. I tend to pick my Scraplift Challenges whenever I find myself lifting an old page, which I did here. 

The original challenge post is here, and the page we are lifting this month is one from Disneyland Paris - Meet the Characters

I wanted a four photo layout for these photos of my husband and I learning to dance on our cruise. The lighting in the room was terrible so the pictures were rather grainy and orange. I toned down the colour to give me a sepia-like tone, which I rather like for an old-fashioned activity like ballroom dancing. 




I kept fairly close to the original design here, just dropping the mason jar and including a couple of doilies. I picked a cursive alphabet for my title and initially overlapped the letters to give a 'joined-up' look to the writing. They were a bit lumpy like that so I trimmed the excess 'tails' from some of the letters so that they are just touching and lie flat.

It was while making this page that I took the decision to have all my titles in black in this album. I have thirteen part-packs of black Thickers, plus two new packs that I bought for this album, so I think that I can do this.

Now it's over to you. I'm looking forward to seeing your versions of my page. Happy scrapping!

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits
Letters - American Crafts
Doilies - Dovecraft
Stickers - Tim Holtz, Anita's, Jillibean Soup, Bo Bunny
Gems - Mark Richards
Washi Tape - Unknown
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment