Monday 9 November 2015

Who's the Mummy?

My daughter's an Explorer Scout, the division of scouting for 14-18 year-olds, and although she does plenty of activities with them, I don't get many photos for scrapbooking. So, when their group leader posted some Hallowe'en photos on Facebook I was quick to grab them for my album.


I chose the 1st November sketch from Stuck?! Sketches, as being one that could be adapted for different shaped photos. I had one portrait and one landscape originally, but I cropped the landscape one down to a square.

I don't buy a lot of Hallowe'en themed papers, but I used October Afternoon's Witch Hazel collection for my Harry Potter album and I have some pieces left. I decided to use as many as possible, and in particular to kill off the pumpkin paper.




I had no whole sheets left, so pulled in an orange polka dot paper for my background, which I distressed with modelling paste and stamping.

After I took this photo, I realised that the page needed another fussy-cut pumpkin on the end of the bottom row. All done now, but I haven't taken another picture.

Supplies
Paper - Echo Park Happy Camper, October Afternoon Witch Hazel
Letters - October Afternoon
Tag - October Afternoon Witch Hazel
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
KaiserCraft Bubble Wrap Stamp

4 comments:

  1. Your background papers matches perfectly....great background work for your fun Halloween layout! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pumpkins! Fabulous scrapping - thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great Halloween page, love the background work too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Halloween page, love the white background effect. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete