Sunday 3 April 2016

Butterfly Zoo

This week's challenge from Shimelle was to use this sketch for a page. We've recently returned from a holiday which included a visit to a butterfly zoo, and I thought that the circles on the sketch would be perfect for some of my butterfly photos.

I picked my floral paper first, one that I really like but it's been so hard to match its colours to other papers, even those in the same collection. That wasn't a problem here as I just used neutrals with it.

I used my Silhouette Portrait to cut a series of interlinking rings to act as frames for my butterflies, and used it again for my title, layering the script word 'Butterfly' over the blockier 'Zoo'. The three brads have been sitting on my desk for a while in an effort to finish off the pack.




Supplies
Paper - Crate Paper DIY Shop, We R Memory Keepers Free Spirit
Brads - Papermania
Ink - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Circles Template
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Amy Tangerine Camera Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment