Friday 1 December 2017

Advent Calendar 2017

Last year I organised an Advent Calendar Swap with 20 other people via Facebook, which I blogged about here and scrapbooked here. No sooner was it over than people started talking about what they would do 'next year', but then the group went quiet. 

Come September, I quietly changed the group name from 2016 to 2017 and the response was immediate and positive. The group has swelled to more than 60 people and this year 48 took part in the swap. Each of us prepared 24 envelopes of scrappy goodies and sent them to me. Chaos ensued as the parcels stacked up in my house, and once they'd all arrived I swapped all the envelopes round and sent them back out to their new owners.

The envelopes and packages varied hugely in size and style and I love them all (though they made repacking into a tricky 3D jigsaw puzzle).


A good many of the participants sent me their offerings in pizza-style boxes, so here are a few of them refilled and heading back to their owners:


Today's the first of December and it's time to start opening them at last. I hope that they bring a little bit of joy to all these ladies as we start the Christmas season.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a fun way to start scrapping the season.

    ReplyDelete