Wednesday 27 December 2017

Just Big Kids

This page is something of a filler in my 2016 scrapbook. It uses a photo that I might not have scrapbooked, but I needed another page in order to even them up and prevent a gap in the book. It was one of my daughter and her fellow explorer scouts icing biscuits as part of a Christmas craft night last year.

The design is a departure from what is 'normal' for me, but it came from the third of the Advent Calendar challenges at For the Love of Pretty Paper. Each of these challenges require us to use five stash items and a specific technique, and this time the list was gold washi tape, wood veneer, small tile alpha stickers, a date stamp, a 'cut-apart' paper and watercolour painting.

I started by marking the shape of a Christmas tree on the page, which I then roughly painted and stitched round the outline. I matted my photo on two 3x3 cut-apart cards plus another paper and overlapped it onto the tree. Gold washi on the right, tile stickers in my title, wood veneer star on the tree and a date stamp under my journalling. Looking at the page in the screen now, I feel that it needs an embellishment cluster at the bottom right so I shall see what I can add.


Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - American Crafts Deck the Halls, Pebble/Jen Hadfield Warm & Cozy
Letters - American Crafts
Washi - Tesco/Unknown
Sequins & Wood Veneer - Advent Calendar Gifts
Watercolours - Dr Ph. Martin's
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Amy Tangerine Roller Date Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment