Friday 29 December 2017

Rosette Christmas Cards

I was lucky enough to receive some Christmas papers and matching rosettes in my crafty Advent Calendar this year, and I turned some of them into cards with the aid of two sketches from Sketch-n-Scrap.

The first sketch came from their Be Merry and Bright cybercrop on Facebook - I cut the tag on my Big Shot and used one of the rosettes as my main embellishment. I tried to use washi tape for the stripes behind the tag, but it looked awkward against the bauble print so I settled for a small piece around the tag instead.

My second card was based on Sketch 112 from the Sketch-n-Scrap blog. I used the same patterned paper as the first card for the background, and layered a contrasting square over it, smaller and simpler than the rectangles in the sketch as I wanted to show more of the bauble paper, and topped it with  my rosette in place of the circle on the sketch. 



2 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful! LOVE the rosettes! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these cards! Those rosettes are so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete