Wednesday 15 December 2021

Build a Snowman

Today I'm sharing my first December DT page for Twilight Crafts, featuring another Jenny Wren cut-file. Sorry that all you're getting at the moment are DT posts; my crafting time is being taken by other things at the moment but I hope to be back to a more normal schedule in the new year.

I originally scrapped these photos back in 2012, but I chose a grey and green colour scheme then and I've never really liked the page. It's been ear-marked for a re-make in blue for almost a year and I've finally done it, using the Snowman cut-file for my title. 

I originally used eight small photos, but I ditched half of them for the new version, matting them in a block to follow a sketch from Lisa Sikorski at Scrap a Sketch.

I had one full sheet and one part sheet of paper left from Echo Park's Winter Magic collection; some careful gutting and the addition of a sheet of navy cardstock allowed me to get a few layers and to use the patterns from both sides of the snowflake paper. 



I was really pleased that I could layer the snowflake 'O' of my title exactly over one printed on the paper. I added a large pearl to the centre of that one and then added small ones to a selection of snowflakes across the paper. 

I am so much happier with this page than I was with the original version, and I'm one step closer to finishing my 2012 album. Two pages left to go there, and I have photos printed and papers chosen for one of them!


Supplies
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Paper - Echo Park Winter Magic
Glitter Tape - The Works
Pearls - Scrapberry's, Craft for Occasions

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Jenny Wren Snowman Cut-File
Big Shot & The Works Alphabet Dies

Disclosure: I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment