Monday 6 December 2021

West Pier Sunset


Twilight Crafts are half-way through a '12 Days of Christmas' cybercrop over in their Facebook group, and today it's my turn to set the challenge. I've chosen a stash challenge based around the letters of the alphabet. I'm asking people to choose any four consecutive letters of the alphabet and then choose an item of stash for each letter; for my sample page I chose butterfly stickers, a cut-file, die-cut tags and enamel dots for BCDE.


My photo (or rather my daughter's photo) is of sunset over (the remains of) the West Pier in Brighton and the page will go in her University Years scrapbook. I started out with the Criss Cross Grid cut-file from Jenny Wren Cut-Files which I cropped down as my Silhouette Portrait can only cut 8" x 12". I cut it in grey cardstock, backed the open stripes with papers from 7 Dots Studio  and flipped it round to be on the left of my page.

I had a sheet of die-cut tags from the collection so layered some of the larger ones behind my photo and tucked a couple of the smaller ones in next to my title, adding three trios of enamel dots. At this point I had used C, D and E from the alphabet and had a decision to make between adding B or F; the butterfly stickers were on my desk, rejected from another page, so they were an easy choice.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - DCWV Romantic Life, 7 Dots Studio Illumination
Letters - Basic Grey, Crate Paper
Tags - 7 Dots Studio
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo
Enamel Dots - Crate Paper, Artenew

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Jenny Wren Criss Cross Grid Cut-File
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Die

Disclosure: I received the digital cut-file free of charge from Twilight Crafts. All other supplies are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment