Thursday 20 July 2023

Beside the Sea

Finally, after more than two months and plenty of interruptions, I've reached the end of our Easter holiday in Devon. This was our last full day and we walked the stretch of the coastal path from Teignmouth to Dawlish Warren. I originally printed four 4x6 photos and two smaller ones for a double page, but it wasn't working for me so I jettisoned one 4x6 and dropped down to a single page.

I cropped the larger photos slightly and stacked them in an overlapping column with punched and torn strips tucked under the right hand side. Being my last page with these supplies, I tried to use up as many die-cuts as possible, running them down the left side of my photos. This includes two with my journalling and two as mats for my smaller photos, covering up wording that didn't match the story. I also added a couple to the paper strips on the right, tucking the yellow one under to hide a motif I didn't want.

I realised quite late on that I hadn't left a space for my title among all those die-cuts, so I ran it across the empty space on the top two photos.


Supplies
Paper - Amy Tangerine Shine On, Simple Stories Safe Travels
Letters - October Afternoon
Die-Cuts - Simple Stories
Puffy Cameras - Freckled Fawn
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Fiskars Shape Cutter & Ovals Template

No comments:

Post a Comment